Some of our achievements includes:
These are just but for a few
- The Coffee Bill, 2020;
- The Fibre Crops Development Authority Bill, 2020;
- The Food Crops Development Bill 2020;
- The Horticulture Crops Authority Bill, 2020; and
- The Miraa, Pyrethrum, and Industrial Crops Bill 2020.
It is as a result of AIN advocacy campaign that the Government initiated a framework for formulating the Agricultural Policy. AIN has actively engaged and provided input into the development of the Agriculture Policy. It has provided input into Draft 3, Draft 5 and into the final Agriculture Policy Document, through a Policy Sub-Committee co-chaired by the Ministry and AIN/KEPSA, with the authorization of the Cabinet Secretary Agriculture. The approval of the Agricultural Policy is expected any time now.
AIN has, finally, been able to pressurise the Government to remove some of the levies on coffee, tea and sugar cane. On-going consultations are underway which include, Government departments and agencies, lobbying Parliamentary Committee (and Senator Committees) on Agriculture, in addition to implementing a network media strategy.
AIN has over the past six years received BAF funding support for Advocacy and the Network Project to meet administrative expenses related to monthly Board, Board Committee and members meetings.
AIN has equally received support from Agri Profocus, ASCU, ACT, Africa Lead and Innovate to change among others. AIN is a member of and works closely with the Agriculture Sector Board of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) and the Agriculture Sector Network (ASNET).
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries in respect to the Agricultural Policy, AFFA Act and Regulations, Climate change among others.
- Ministry of Lands and Housing and National Land Commission in respect to expiry of Land leases and amendments to the Land legislation.
- Institute of Surveyors of Kenya and the Land Governance Development Institute in respect to expiry of Land leases and amendments to the Land legislation.
- Agribusiness Business to Business forum in collaboration with the Embassy of Israel at the Kempinski Hotel, Nairobi
- And many other forums at County level, Nationally, Regionally and Internationally.
AIN projects have been undertaken by the Research and Policy Advisers. The projects are the Agricultural Policy and Privatization of Agricultural Parastatals.