Achievements of AIN
Some of the achievements of AIN include but are not limited to:
AIN arranged high profile advocacy workshops that was successful to address the initial changes to the ALFA Act and Regulations. There were some amendments to the extent that Livestock and Fisheries were removed from the Act and renamed Agriculture Food Authority Act, 2016.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives launched agricultural reform Bills for public participation on the 15th of October, 2021 in five core areas:
- the Coffee Bill, 2020;
- the Fibre Crops Development Authority Bill, 2020;
- the Food Crops Development Bill 2020;
- the Horticulture Crops Authority Bill, 2020; and
- the Miraa, Pyrethrum, and Industrial Crops Bill 2020.
These Government-sponsored bills are part of on-going agricultural reforms that seek to increase the farmers’ incomes, in line with the Big 4 Agenda and the Agriculture Growth and Transformation Strategy (ASTGS).
- Cereal Growers Association, (CGA) on Agricultural Produce Cess 2. East Africa Grain Council, (EAGC) on hermetic bags technologies.
- East African Tea Trade Association (EATTA) on Tea value chain
- Seed Trade Association of Kenya (STAK) on Review of Seed Policy
- Kenya Coffee Producers Association (KCPA) on Coffee value chain
- Association of Kenyan Feed Manufacturers (AKEFEMA) on Animal Feeds Bill
- Agrochemical on PCB Bill
- Association of Kenya Fish Processors & Exporters on Fisheries Regulations
- Kenya Horticulture Council (KHC) & Kenya Flower Council (KFC) on Institutionalizing Food safety
- Kenya Veterinary Association (KVA) on amalgamation of livestock laws
- Kenya Rural SACCOs Union (KERUSSU) on the review of the National Co-operative Policy
- AIN on Agricultural Policy
- East African Tea Trade Association (EATTA) on National Tea Policy, Tea Bill and Tea Regulations
AIN has been active through advocacy on legislative and policy issues affecting the agricultural sector, arranging meetings and workshops, periodic consultations and availing networking opportunities with members and stakeholders.